Friday, August 17, 2007

al-Husn Games and German Night!


After having toured through all of the South of Jordan, we took it easy for a day in al-Husn, playing games with some of the Summer Camp counselors. It was a good day, but EXTREMELY hot (around 110 degrees Fahrenheit). The Germans were good sports though and kept up with everyone else. People got a chance to check their e-mail at AbounaCafe (in the area where I live, using Marlise's, Caroline's, Abouna's, and my laptops). At one point, I walked into my room to find Carla passed out on the other bed in my room - which is cool, because that IS her bed. I inherited her room from last Summer when she was volunteering in al-Husn.

I was in Heaven during German Night - there was Bockwurst und Sauerkraut and beer! Definitely a recipe for a kickin' night. There was a German quiz show, German songs, and lots of nice Jordanian families. Good times.

Stay tuned for our trip through the North of Jordan!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ich liebe Deutschland!!!